ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Your use of the Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which are incorporated into our Standard Terms and Conditions. You must comply with the spirit of this acceptable use policy as well as the letter.
Words defined in our Standard Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning in this acceptable use policy.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which:
• is defamatory of any person;
• is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promotes sexually explicit material;
• promotes violence;
• promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringes any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
• is likely to deceive any person;
• is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• promotes any illegal activity;
• is threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• advertises for sale substances that are legal in law but are known to be abused;
• is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
• gives the impression that it emanate from us if this is not the case.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether you have breached this acceptable use policy. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our Standard Terms and Conditions and, in addition to our rights contained therein, may result in our taking all or any of the following additional actions:
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you;
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to our acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please contact us
ABOUT Media Developments
Media Developments was established in 2003 and has grown to host more than 4000 websites across 10 different datacentres. We're proudly 100% South African owned and operated.
3, High Street, Plettenberg bay
Western Cape, South Africa
Phone: +27 82 764 1315
Fax: 086 652 6507